Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
Pursuing PG programs after MBBS helps you specialize in specific areas of medicine and ensures your success. NEET PG score is mandatory to join MD and MS programs. PG programs like bachelor’s in occupational therapy, perfusion technology, respiratory therapy, BSc in biotechnology, cardiac technology, cardiovascular technology, cardio-pulmonary perfusion technology, nutrition and dietetics, genetics, BTech in biomedical engineering, etc., do not require NEET PG scores. NBE conducts separate entrance tests for three-year DNB programs. TAUs fellowship programs in medicine do not require NEET PG scores and offer exclusive training for attempting RCP exams. TAU is a leading university offering varied programs in medicine and allied fields. The PG medical programs.
Pursuing a medical degree and practicing medicine are considered noble. A medical degree is always looked at with great pride and joy. Medicine field is a vast entity that offers many gratifying opportunities. After completing MBBS, it is often difficult to get clear information on what to do next. It is hard to choose between various post-graduate (PG) medical courses and specializations.
From 2020 onwards, NEET PG will be the only exam to be organized in India for PG medical course admissions. Since the competition is fierce, passing and getting a PG medical seat is not always achievable. Many ambitious candidates who are persistent in getting a medical career continue preparing to appear for the next-year exam.
Why Is a Post-Graduation Course Important After an MBBS Degree?
Doing a PG after MBBS in the desired branch is a dream for many medical aspirants. However, it becomes mandatory for doctors to hold a PG degree in medicine to be successful in their respective fields. The following are the major PG courses in medicine that requires NEET PG score and have scope and demand:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Doctor of Surgery (MS)
What Are the Available PG Medical Courses Without the NEET PG Score?
Healthcare is one of the most substantial sectors in India with diversified career opportunities. Aside from the general impression, the medical sector is not completely limited to MBBS alone. There are other alternative options available to pursue in this ever-evolving sector. One can take up various other fellowship or PG medical programs without the NEET PG mark. You can consider one of the following courses if you did not attempt or clear the NEET PG exam:
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Technology in Biomedical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology (Non-Clinical)
- Bachelor of Science in Cardiac Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Cardiovascular Technology
- Bachelor of Perfusion Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Cardio-Pulmonary Perfusion Technology
- Bachelor of Respiratory Therapy
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Bachelor of Science in Genetics
Criteria to Consider Before Joining a PG Medical Course
It is always better to do thorough research on what the medical course entails. Based on your interest, you can choose from various options such as research, surgery, attending patients, physiotherapy, or occupational therapy.
However, the most recommended PG medicine courses to pursue and practice as a doctor are:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) – Some of the highly recommended specializations under MD degree are general medicine, anatomy, and pediatrics.
- Masters of Surgery (MS; Latin name Magister Chirurgiae) – MS is an advanced qualification in surgery. The most recommended specializations under MS degree are general surgery, orthopedics, obstetrics, and gynecology.
- Diplomate of National Board (DNB) – An alternative qualification that is considered equivalent to the MD and MS degrees in DNB. There is a separate entrance test conducted by NBE. The duration of the course is three-year post-MBBS residency training in teaching hospitals recognized by the board.
Know more about the “PG Medical Courses to Be Considered After MBBS“.
Trending PG Medical Courses Without the NEET PG Score
Heart-related ailments have increased alarmingly due to desk jobs, hectic work hours, and many other factors. Therefore, non-invasive cardiology is the topmost required specialization worldwide. Related courses in India are the most sought-after programs among the other medical courses. According to a recent study, on average, a non-invasive cardiologist has to treat about 25–30 patients per day. To pursue a career in non-invasive cardiology, doing a fellowship would be the best way to achieve it.
The medical universities, like Texila American University, offer various PG medical courses that do not require the NEET PG score. To name a few, Texila American University offers:
- Fellowship with Master of Medicine/Master of Surgery
This is a fellowship program that is designed for MBBS holders to upgrade their knowledge, skills, and mastery. Along with the course, the university also provides exclusive training for RCP (Royal Colleges of Physicians) exam. It will help you get trained to pass the exam easily.
- Fellowship in Non-Invasive Cardiology
This fellowship program is for those who take up a career in cardiology. The objective of this program is to train students in various aspects of non-invasive cardiology, such as:
- X-ray chest,
- Holter recording,
- Ambulatory BP monitoring,
- Echocardiogram (level 2 echo), and
- Stress/dobutamine stress echo under supervision.
- Fellowship (MMSc)
This MMSc fellowship is designed to enable medical students to expand their professional horizons and strengthen their professional competence. If you are a doctor and practicing medicine somewhere in the corner of the country, this program is for you. It helps you get specialized in your area of interest without compromising your clinical commitment.
Getting a PG medical seat in India is really a tough task as there are only limited seats available. Besides, you need to get through NEET PG. If you want to do MS/MD, then you have no other option but NEET PG. Do you want to upgrade yourself with PG medical course without NEET PG mark? Choose one of the above-mentioned courses of Texila American University.