Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
Cardiology is a field of study that involves the identification, treatment, and diagnosis of medical conditions related to the heart and its related organs. It affects the medical health of the heart, blood vessels, and the cardiovascular system of the human body. Non-invasive cardiology is a specialization in cardiology that primes its focus on identifying and treating heart diseases using external tests rather than invasive ways. For the same, they carry out a few tests and procedures. They also tend to provide preventive care to prevent and handle heart diseases through health and lifestyle changes.
- When would you need a cardiologist?
- Types of Cardiology:
- Conditions diagnosed under Non-Invasive Cardiology:
- Diagnostic services provided under Non-Invasive Cardiology:
- Complications involved in non-invasive cardiology treatments:
- Treatments methods after test results:
- Benefits of choosing the field of Non-Invasive Cardiology:
A career in Cardiology involves the detection, treatment, and preventive care of heart and cardiovascular diseases is called cardiology. A cardiologist and a cardiac surgeon are two different streams of medicine that are closely misinterpreted. A cardiologist specializes in treating ailments related to the heart, blood vessels, and the cardiovascular system. At the same time, a cardiac surgeon is the one who cuts open and performs heart surgery. A cardiologist uses various tests and procedures to identify and treat the conditions of the heart and its related organs. The techniques may include angioplasty, insertion of pacemakers, and heart catheterizations.
When would you need a cardiologist?
If the patient shows or complains about any of the symptoms of a heart condition, a cardiologist will be referred by the physician. The symptoms are:
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- High BP
- Abnormal changes in the heart rate or rhythm
Types of Cardiology:
- Invasive Cardiology
Courses in Cardiology have three streams that are different and exciting. This stream involves minimally invasive surgical options to identify and diagnose the conditions and abnormalities in the heart structure. They include:
- Angioplasty: A tiny balloon inserted into a clogged vein causes difficulties in normal blood flow. It helps push the clog or plaque against the walls of the arteries to enhance good blood flow.
- Stenting: When used in conjunction with angioplasty, a cardiac stent is a metal coil that enables permanently holds open a clogged vein and stable blood flow.
- Interventional Cardiology
It is a non-surgical option that involves using a small and flexible tool called the catheter that helps repair damaged or weakened blood vessels or narrowed arteries. This type of cardiology treats the most common conditions for coronary heart diseases, peripheral vascular diseases, and heart valve diseases.
- Non-Invasive Cardiology
Cardiology courses in India help graduates identify heart problems by using external tests and procedures instead of invasive techniques like fluids, needles, or the insertion of other instruments into the body. They include:
- Nuclear Cardiology: This is a non-invasive method of detecting cardiovascular disorders by the use of techniques of imaging that may or may not use radioactive elements.
- Echocardiography: Ultrasound wave imaging techniques are used to find the efficiency and good blood flow in the heart and related organs. It can also identify the occurrence of any infections or structural abnormalities that cause the deterrence in blood pumping.
- Cardiac Electrophysiology: It involves the study of electrical currents and the testing by which heartbeats are generated.
- Stress tests: Cardiologists try to identify the heart’s performance while handling stress through exercises. They monitor the functions of the heart while performing such physical stress activities.
- Heart Monitors: This cardiac event recorder is a tape recorder that monitors your heart’s electrical activity over a particular period.
- CT scans The method of testing and imaging that cardiologist use for examining heart diseases and atherosclerosis is called a CT scan.
Conditions diagnosed under Non-Invasive Cardiology:
As discussed, non-invasive cardiology involves identifying and treating diseases in the cardiovascular system by external test methods. The ailments that can be diagnosed by the use of this study of cardiology are listed below:
- Heart failure
- Blocked blood vessels
- Congenital heart diseases
- Heart and valve diseases
- Pulmonary artery diseases
- Heart attack tissue damage
Diagnostic services provided under Non-Invasive Cardiology:
The standard procedures of non-invasive cardiology eliminate the risk of patients being affected by other conditions due to invasive techniques. Apart from traditional testing methods like X-rays, MRIs, and blood tests, this branch of cardiology uses high-precision tests for a detailed diagnostic assessment. It helps significantly in prompting early diagnoses of the conditions through various methods. The test results are then put to the best use for the cardiac care of the patients. The advancements in the field of non-invasive cardiology have been appreciated for its success rate and the ease it provides to the patients handling it.
Complications involved in non-invasive cardiology treatments:
As the name suggests, these non-invasive methods of testing do not include the insertion of any tool in the human body for diagnoses of heart conditions. Thus, the patients can save themselves from the risk factors associated with the otherwise used diagnostic procedures. However, some of the risks they may face in the rarest of cases include the following:
- Sore leg
- Skin irritation
- Muscle aches
- Any allergy related to the use of iodine in CCT and CMR testing
- Allergy to radioactive dye while taking nuclear scans
Moreover, you should seek medical assistance immediately if any of the symptoms mentioned above are not just mild or transitory. Cardiology courses in India make you proficient in these study aspects.
Treatments methods after test results:
Non-invasive cardiology treatment methods are relatively more superficial than the other methods and involve using more straightforward lifestyle changes as treatments. When your cardiologist finds abnormalities in your test results, you will be assisted with a few dietary and nutritional recommendations to be added to your daily lifestyle. This dietary plan is usually combined with medications, meditation recommendations, and other relaxation exercises to soothe yourself. If the medical condition is beyond this scope of treatment, your non-invasive cardiologist might refer you to a specialist who is efficient in treating them.
Benefits of choosing the field of Non-Invasive Cardiology:
- The Future Calls
Surveys report that cardiac problems are the cause of numerous deaths that happens worldwide every day. This directly implies that the call for cardiologists to handle this scenario is rising. When the future holds strong for such a crucial professional stream, it only becomes evident that MBBS graduates choose a career in cardiology to be their best pick.
- Seamless experience
The most prominent feature of non-invasive cardiology is that it is unique in its way of diagnosis and treatment. It helps diagnose and treat heart problems without using traditional tools that otherwise would be used. It is a successful way of securing the life of patients by not putting them in any complications related to conventional methods. When cardiology shows importance by treating conditions associated with the most critical organ of the human body, non-invasive cardiology tends to pull the graph further.
- Join the team with a vision
When you choose to do Cardiology courses in India, you have already joined a team of doctors who significantly contribute to society. When cardiac problems seem to affect the world in such huge numbers, your study and contribution to minimizing the deaths due to this hold great importance and recognition.
The study of cardiology is a vast topic that makes the students well-versed and efficient when done at Texila American University in association with the University of Central Nicaragua (TAU-UCN). It boosts your confidence level as a doctor and significantly contributes to society’s increasing need for cardiologists. The curriculum is in-depth and compelling and is taught by expert faculty members and continuous staff support for the deserving.
Cardiology courses in India help graduates identify heart problems by using external tests and procedures instead of invasive techniques.— Texila American University – Post Graduate (@TexilaPG) September 24, 2022
Read more: https://t.co/jdNc2f2xcu
#Cardiology #Cardiologist #Cardiovascular #NIC #Medicine #Cardiac #TexilaAmericanUniversity #UCN pic.twitter.com/I4y05sasY6