Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
An undergraduate medical degree will no longer suffice if you aim to excel in your field. You will need to pursue a specialization to keep up with the medical field’s fast-paced growth.
MBBS is a valuable degree, but more and more people are opting to study further. Also, a specialization will help you treat patients better.
A Fellowship in Radiology is one of the most valuable degrees you can have in 2022.
Radiology scans can reveal more about the human body than any physical examination can. The pinpoint accuracy of radiology in healing is becoming more of a norm. The complexity of diseases has increased the requirements for medical professionals.
At this article’s end, you will have answers to questions like the few listed below.
- What are the career options in radiology?
- How long does it take to become a radiologist?
- How to get in Fellowship in Radiology in India?
- How to become a radiologist?
- What is a radiologist’s salary?
Enroll now for a Fellowship in Radiology from Texila!
Fellowship in Radiology Overview
You enroll in a curriculum that is FRCR (Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists) certified.
Some of the training facilities that TAU’s radiology fellowship offers:
- The Program helps you gain on-field experience by being part of the hospital staff. According to Texila, radiologist schooling happens with real-life scenarios, not just in study halls.
- Per the Royal College Standard, you will have to go through a rotation schedule to learn in various departments.
- Get proper feedback and guidance at every step of the way with the senior consultants. Every program consultant is an RCP certified educator.
- TAU has a list of certified hospitals and clinics as partners to ensure a proper learning environment.
- You will also get to publish your medical papers in journals of medicine. Get your work reviewed by the foremost academic researchers and learn under them.
You will receive training every step of the way to prepare for the FRCR exam. So when you pass out, your degree will be equivalent to having a radiology fellowship in the UK.
Reason to study radiology
Here are several reasons why you must consider a radiology fellowship program after MBBS.
Catch life-threatening diseases
The use of radiology has significantly transformed the medical profession. X-ray by W.C. Röntgen is considered one of the most significant discoveries of the 19th century and revolutionized healthcare.
Today medical imaging has evolved with CT, MRI scan, Mammography, Angiography, and so much more. You will get the opportunity to study these diseases closely, save numerous patients, and change their lives.
Get better job responsibilities
Being a doctor can often be tedious, and the hours are long. Being a radiologist will allow you to explore a wide variety of medical fields. The more options you can have, the more satisfying the job will be.
Specialization is vital in the medical field
In India, more and more people are getting their MBBS. As the market gets increasingly saturated, a generalized degree becomes less valuable. You will have to pick a niche to stay relevant in a saturated market.
A radiology fellowship in India is still an upcoming specialization and can make you stand out in the market.
- Work with Cutting Edge Technology
A career as a radiologist means that you will be using top-of-the-line instruments. It is a rapidly evolving field with good developmental improvements.
- Work with patients
A radiologist gets to work closely with patients suffering from life-threatening diseases. You will have to be empathetic as well as highly skilled.
How to become a radiologist?
What is the eligibility requirement for a radiology course?
- You need an MBBS or equivalent qualification
- A minimum attempt at NEET PG exam is required.
- A final interview will verify the candidate’s potential and qualifications.
The radiology program is a three-year fellowship program designed to provide you with hands-on experience.
Career Options in radiology
For anyone interested in a career in radiology, we have good news for you. It is currently one of the fastest-growing medical fields with many jobs and a high pay scale.
Here are specific job profiles you can pursue.
1) Private practice: There is a new trend of small screening and testing practices across India.
Become your boss and earn on your own terms. The high demand for radiologists can translate into high income too.
2) Go Abroad: Your degree is as good as having a radiology fellowship in the UK. Use your FRCR accreditation to work almost in any country of your choice.
3) Become a radiology analysis expert: Your responsibility will include analyzing reports from various sources and diagnosing potential tumors and other ailments. This role might need some experience, but you can earn high pay while being at home after a while.
4) Specialize further: Some people want to keep on learning and want to specialize even further.
The following list contains a few subspecialties that you can pursue after being fellowship-trained.
- Nuclear Radiology
- Pediatric Radiology
- Interventional Radiology
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Radiation Oncology
- Genitourinary radiology
- Cardiovascular radiologist
- Emergency radiologist
Radiology is an evolving field, and you can expect more subspecialties to crop up in the future.
Benefits of radiology
- Did you know that a diagnostic radiologist’s average median salary in the US is $509,447? Yes, a clinical radiologist can earn good compensation because of demand.
- The field offers intellectual challenges and a wide variety of cases, and every case is different from another. So, the domain will never get boring.
- You can potentially contribute to the field of medicine with discoveries and research. Most often, you might be the first person to diagnose a condition or an ailment.
- There is a subspecialty for everyone. Like all other medical fields, the field of radiology has subspecialties too. Each subspecialty has its own trait, and an individual can pursue one that suits their preference.
- The Royal College of Radiologists says that the workforce is unable to keep up with the increasing demand. According to the law of supply and demand, the price will rise when the demand is higher than the supply. The increased demand for radiologists will, in turn, increase their compensation.
Enroll now in one of the best radiology fellowships
Do your part in solving the most significant diseases plaguing humanity.