Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
When you are selecting a fellowship in an internal medicine program, applicants are expected to closely analyze the structure of the program, clinical experience, training opportunities, and MRCP opportunities. These details help you prepare for the interview according to the personality and structure of the course. You are also able to visualize your future goals and align opportunities according to personal career requirements.
This article will discuss 7 tips to prepare for a fellowship in internal medicine.
7 Tips To Consider When Preparing For Fellowship In Internal Medicine In India
Before we move forward with the discussion, it is imperative to understand your career goals for completing a fellowship in an internal medicine course. With the help of this course, you can prepare for MRCP UK exams that allow you to practice medicine in commonwealth countries.
If you understand your career progress which leads to the MRCP exam in India, move forward and check the following tips.
1. Select The Program
Once you know the course, career goals, and personal requirements, you should examine a few training programs that help you achieve your goals. For example, after MBBS, many Indian students may wish to complete the MRCP exam in India. For this, enrolling for a Fellowship in Internal Medicine course by Texila American University may help you. The course involves rigorous preparation for theory MRCP exams in India.
The factors that you should consider while selecting the program are:
- The curriculum of the course
- Experience in the clinical field
- Training opportunities
- Personal preferences
- MRCP preparation
2. Evaluate Curriculum
Evaluating the curriculum of the fellowship in internal medicine in India course helps know the skills and knowledge you may receive. In many programs, you may need to spend a large portion of your day preparing presentations, attending educational sessions, or using a self-directed approach. This may lead to a heavy schedule, which will stop you from gaining practical education.
In place of this, you can select a curriculum involving simulation-based learning. You are able to work in a hospital environment and learn about your subspecialty through specialized training.
While almost every teaching approach utilized across the globe has some value to offer, you should decide on a more practical learning method for future success. Given that you may need to clear theory MRCP exams, it is imperative to move in the same direction during your fellowship in internal medicine.
3. Clinical Experience
No two fellowships in internal medicine training programs will offer you the exact same experiences. There will be practical differences in the training structure, knowledge of mentors, and hands-on experience delivered through the course.
For this, you should consider key factors like the size of the intensive unit of the hospital, their outpatient clinic, specialized services, and other similar factors. For example, TAU offers practical training opportunities with partner hospitals, and you can evaluate these factors for the partner hospitals to receive maximum exposure to your subspecialty and niche areas, such as interventional bronchoscopy, lung transplant, medical simulation training, ultrasound support, etc.
If you are in specific areas, you should inquire about specialty areas like lung transplant, sleep medicine, etc.
4. Future Opportunities
One of the things that are never similar between different programs offering fellowship in internal medicine is future opportunities. As per a fellow pursuing the course to finally complete the MRCP exam in India, you may expect high productivity, grant funding, reduced research time, and other factors that work in your favor.
However, Royal College Exam Training Program is required to offer extensive training and clinical skills to applicants in various leading hospitals across the globe. Therefore, you are expected to work hard during your practical training period and throughout the course.
Given that, you should evaluate the college based on the partner hospitals and future opportunities. For instance, Texila American University’s Fellowship in Internal Medicine program helps you work with leading partner hospitals during your practical training period. You can drill down into details and find personal value in these offerings.
5. Personal Considerations
At the end of the day, every application should consider personal priorities before enrolling for a fellowship in internal medicine in India. Since every individual has some level of priorities in life, many may want a work-life balance, better family and career opportunities.
For this, carefully understand the requirements of the course, know the time you may need to give to this education, and then enroll. Aligning personal and professional goals help you achieve better in life.
6. MRCP Exam In India
After completing a fellowship in internal medicine, applicants often appear for MRCP exams to get recognition for practicing medicine in commonwealth countries.
Here are some MRCP exam eligibility requirements:
- Firstly, acquire a bachelor’s degree in the field. This can be your MBBS degree. After you complete MBBS, you can pursue Fellowship in Internal Medicine from Texila American University and then take MRCP theory exams.
- To appear for the MRCP exam in India, you should complete at least one year of pursuing medical training. If you enroll for a fellowship in internal medicine, you will get a chance to complete medical training alongside.
- There’s a limit to the number of attempts you can give to this exam. For example, you can give both theory exams only six times individually. However, once you clear MRCP 1, you need to clear MRCP 2 within 7 years.
- For the MRCP exam, there’s no age bar. However, you should check the fees on the website, as it keeps upgrading.
7. Why Complete MRCP?
You may be wondering, why you should consider completing the MRCP exam in India?
Some reasons to complete the MRCP exam are:
- With the MRCP exam, you receive global recognition and you have the power to practice medicine in commonwealth countries. Completing MRCP exams helps you receive a better package and multiple professional benefits.
- MRCP exam is an advanced-level medical qualification that definitely offers a competitive edge to you during interviews or hiring.
- The best benefit of completing MRCP exams is the knowledge and skills offered. Throughout the fellowship in the internal medicine course, you develop practical skills in your subspecialty, which helps your progress your career in the future.
Texila American University offers a 3-year program for Fellowship in Internal Medicine that helps you prepare for the MRCP exam. The course allows you to progress and improve your existing skills and experience in the field to gain mastery. The structured program further helps you in-built confidence and receive the hands-on clinical knowledge necessary for MRCP exams.
Why Complete Fellowship in Internal Medicine from TAU?
- A hospital-based program with practical training
- MRCP theory exams preparation
- Experience in clinical skills
- Mentorship by expert professionals in the field
- MBBA degree
- Indian nationality
- NEET PG exam attempt
- Internal screening and interview
If you wish to build a career in medical and clinical sciences, pursuing a fellowship in internal medicine to complete the MRCP exam in India will help you build relevant skills and knowledge. You can progress your career, improve your subspeciality hands-on knowledge, and receive better pay opportunities.
Know more about the Fellowship in Internal Medicine Program from TAU and Register Today with us.